Sunday, July 29, 2012

Illustration Friday: Lonely

Hello, all.
It's been a loooong time, I know.  I have been working a lot, posting a lot of the imagery on my Facebook Business page.  There were some issues with Illustration Friday, and I didn't get any topics for a while.  I noticed this one, and just happened to finish a piece TODAY that I felt was a good fit.
At first glance, you may wonder why this would work for the word "lonely".  This is actually a self-portrait.  I am in an argument with myself. 
This was inspired by Beverly McIver, a well know contemporary artist here in North Carolina.  She teaches at North Carolina Central University in Durham.  Recently, HBO showed a documentary on her called "Raising Renee".  Good stuff.  Her work is personal, so I decided that I would try it.
I hope you enjoy...
Have a great week!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Steve,
    This is gorgeous! I love how the "young" version of yourself seems much more grounded and calm than the other : interesting contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. This is AMAZING. Even without knowing that it is autobiogrphical, we very clearly see the conflict and the generational chasm. So interesting to look at!

    ReplyDelete