Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Illustration Friday: Imperfect

Hello, all.
I have been doing a LOT of painting.  I have jumped in with both feet, after avoiding it for so long, as I am color-blind.  Fellow artists and students, however, have been very supportive in my efforts.
I have been doing small paintings every couple of days for weeks now, and felt confident enough to jump into a portrait.  I kept the palette simple (only five colors).
Why is this portrait of my wife a submission for "Imperfect"? Because she has decided to wear her hair in a natural style.  She had reservations, but now she loves being able to simply let her hair down without every hair in place.  In my opinion, there is beauty in her imperfect style.
Have a great week!

4 comments:

  1. Love the portrait and your introduction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow--what a fabulous portrait! Beautiful beautiful rich warm colors. I think it's a great idea to keep a simple palette in any case.

    ReplyDelete