Friday, January 29, 2010

Illustration Friday: Focused

Hello, all.
Long time since I posted here. When I read the topic for I.F., this most recent drawing came to mind. I wanted to create the feeling that this guy is waiting to handle business.

This was one of the most fun drawings I have done in some time. One of the largest, too (14"x30"). I was able to finish it in just a few hours, though.
It took me back to when I was a kid and I just wanted to draw something that I thought was cool. No paint, no colors, just something that I wanted to get lost in making.
This image will appear in a show called "Sports Exhibited" at the Theater Art Galleries in High Point, N.C. The reception is on February 25th, from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. I am exhibiting with my friends in the North Carolina Society of Illustrators. This is our third collaborative show together.
I hope that everyone has a great week.
PEACE!!!

4 comments:

  1. Wow Very impressive.
    Like it, nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, all.
    Thanks kev and KH, I appreciate that. The work for the show is all said and done, but Im hoping to pull off another one.
    Thanks again,
    PEACE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally get that sense of self-contained waiting. He is READY. Great drawing!

    ReplyDelete