Saturday, January 2, 2010

FINALLY....


Hello, all.

I am sorry that I didn't follow up in a timely manner with this piece, but I have been incredibly busy with a lot (teaching, art exhibitions, and an Emergency Room trip : ( ).

I had this finished a few months ago... you can go backwards in my blog to see the progression of the piece.

This is the style that I use for children's book illustration, which is a bit different from the style that I use for my fine art and portraiture.

The problem with doing so many things at once is that they all seem to take forever to finish. If I worked on any one thing concurrently, it would only take a couple of days.
Well, Happy New Year to everyone...
PEACE!!!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely piece. I like how you have accentuate the muscular lines of his arms! I feel ya on trying to find time to do everything, it's not easy but it's certainly better than doing nothing though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nessa,
    Nice to hear from you again. Thanks for the compliments.
    I'm up to my neck in art, as I am exhibiting 3 shows within the next month or so.
    The art school on your blog sounds interesting... Looking forward to hearing all about it.
    PEACE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You achieved great richness in the colors and values through all the layering. And the movement and force of the pick hitting the rock are expressed very convincingly. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry - I posted under my hubby's profile (Chris) by accident - Jenn.

    ReplyDelete