Friday, December 11, 2009

IF: Hatch


Hello, all.

I wasn't going to post for this topic, but I couldn't resist...

The title of this one is "Chicks Dig Me". It was an example of a drawing I made for my Advanced High School Art students. It's not the best drawing of a chick in the world, but I like my little guy.

This may be a reach for the topic, but when I saw 'hatch', I kept thinking of chicks.

My original plan was to design a whole series of images based on pimped out farm animals and call it the "Livestock Playas" series. That has gone on the back burner, but I do plan to come back to it.
The drawing is in graphite over a gessoed surface.
In the meantime, making up the animals and pimping them out is a lot of fun.
Have a great week.
PEACE!

8 comments:

  1. I like him! I really like his zebra hat. Very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it fits the topic perfectly, and it's a delightful drawing. I hope you do get around to making the whole series. I'm not usually into the animals dressed up as people sort of thing, but this one is so charming that it crosses the line into delight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, everyone.
    Thank you all for your kind words.
    Peace out,
    Steve Cozart

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool chick with the hat and peace chain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now who doesn't love a cool chick! :) Very Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute and cool...what more can you ask for in a chick? Nice one! (^_^)

    ReplyDelete