Saturday, September 5, 2009

Illustration Friday : "Strong"


Hello, all.


I didn't finish this one, but I thought it would be appropriate for this week's subject. A few months back, I posted a different John Henry pic for the word "Legendary". This time, I thought that this embodied Strong.


This is the first stage of my technique. I will add an oil wash next, then a layer of colored pencil last. I still have some adjustments to make to the image itself (adding more rock fragments and other details), but I am pretty much done with this stage.


Have a great week.


Peace!

10 comments:

  1. Really STRONG piece!! : ) Great illustration style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect! Thanks for sharing your process!

    ReplyDelete
  3. John Henry is perfect for this prompt. Excellent sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, all.
    Thanks a lot for your kind words. I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely illo, really suits the theme. Will be subscribing to your blog so I can see the next stages of the work!

    Adam Foster-Fahy
    www.AdamFF.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This illustration really is a great example of the subject. Very well rendered.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adam, Josh, Ako, and Alex...
    Thanks for the compliments. I will try not to disappoint.

    ReplyDelete