Friday, April 17, 2009

I.F/Impossibility


Hello, all.

Once again, I revert back to my love of boxing. When I read the topic, I was hesitant to post this, because I felt that it was a pessimistic interpretation. However, at this point, it appears that getting up is an impossibility for the fallen fighter.

I was working on a piece that dealt with defeat. It was part of a series. Eventually, I would like to do a piece with the fighter in the corner, with his trainer urging him on.

I had hopes that this would be an image in color, but I never quite worked all of that out, so I have this drawing. I still may add some oil paint and colored pencil, though.

Have a great week, everyone!

4 comments:

  1. But defeat is real--and this so captures the moment. In every match, someone has to lose. We can totally see him exhaustion. I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, but this isn't so depressing...we've all been knocked down. It's what happens to him after that I am wondering about! I really like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great emotion in this...nice vantage point for the viewer...and the pimped out ram is cool too...

    ReplyDelete