Sunday, March 15, 2009

Royal Brush Company Drawing Sets






Hello, all.


I am excited to announce that the Royal Brush Company has recently released several drawing sets, two of which feature images that I created. : )

A special thanks goes to the guys @ Royal Brush Co., (the makers of Royal & Langnickel brushes) and Gus Dovellos, the V.P. of Sales and Marketing. They found my website and asked for the rights to use a couple of my images on their products.


That was a year ago, and now, they are finally here @ Hobby Lobby in Greensboro. I was running errands for my wife when I walked by a set and did a double-take. I yelled out loud and everyone around me thought I was nuts, but I didn't care, it was great!!!!


The image is one that I submitted for the IF topic "Strings". There is at least one more set with one of my figure drawings on it, but I didn't have enough money to get it. I hope they still have it when I go back (there was only one).


I'm not sure where or in which parts of the country the sets would be. They include a set of woodless graphite pencils, drawing pencils, charcoals, and pastels (black, white, sanguine, and gray, I think), along with erasers and a sharpener.


I just had to share... I am sooo excited about this!


Have a great week!

9 comments:

  1. Wow! Congrats a million times over! It's a wonderful feeling and one to always hold on to! Great work! Congrats again, you're an amazing talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indi (may I call you Indi?).
    Thanks a bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! This is a beautiful illustration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! That is a beautiful drawing!
    Thanks for leaving such a nice comment on blog. I used to be the same way about posting my sketchbook stuff, but I have gotten over that. It is really freeing - I used to be so tight with my drawings, and after reading Danny Gregory's "Everyday Matters," I started sketching with ink (for this former eraser addict, that was a big deal). It has really helped me loosen up and to enjoy drawing without worrying about the outcome so much. You should try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's gorgeous! I'm surprised they didn't send you a few sets!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, all.
    Red, I left you a message... I may try to post some sketchbook stuff soon (still a bit timid about it).
    Paintandink, thanks. It was in the contract to send me samples, but I have yet to recieve them. The way that things have went with them, though, it's just a matter of time. The company and the VP of Marketing have been super nice and great to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats, what an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol! Yes, you may call me Indi! I'm glad, it was a nice experience! Hold on to those, when the not so great ones come through! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats and spectacular rendering!!!

    ReplyDelete