Friday, March 27, 2009

Illustration Friday/Poised


Hello, all.

I felt that this piece fit the topic of poise, in particular being poised and ready for action. This is a drawing of Lefty Gomez. From what I remember, he used to play with Babe Ruth. I'm sorry I don't know more, but I am not a big baseball fan.


This was another piece created for a baseball show here in Greensboro. Before I came up with a system to work with color, I used to stain my paper with either coffee or tea, then draw on top of it and add highlights with white pastel. This one was done in colored pencils.


I hope that I'm not forcing the topic here... the connection may seem like a stretch.
Have a great week, everybody!

8 comments:

  1. steve this is great illo! bravo! ;]]]

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a very skilled draftsman. I really enjoy your work. keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks pretty poised to me--the ball is about to go sailing. GREAT illustration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very well done, great drawing. I like the style, the stained paper is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, all.
    Thanks a lot for your kind words.
    Peace out,
    Steve Cozart

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poised is poised, and this is an excellent choice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another great one! Nice detail in his clothign here! Lovley illustration all around!

    ReplyDelete