Sunday, November 9, 2008

Hello / Illustration Friday




Hello, All.

This is a new experience for me, as I am venturing into a new realm to share my work. I hopefully will be able to post things frequently, as I participate in a weekly figure drawing group here in Greensboro. I am also working on building a portfolio to pursue work as a children's book illustrator.

My first post is of a missed deadline for Illustration Friday, which I have recently made the attempt to participate in. I have yet to post an image that I didn't have already, but I do like the exercise.

This was for the word 'island". One of my students was nice enough to pose. I didn't finish it in time for the week, but I did enjoy doing it.

One of the issues that I have as an artist is that I am color-blind, and I have been finding ways around this, with the help of several brilliant artists/mentors, great guys with amazing work, like David Stanley , Tom Reis , and Kyle Webster , (AKA the Original Design Gangsta , a hilarious, creative self-promo).
Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. I love the illustration with the famingos (flamencos in Spanish). It is just BEAUTIFUL!! You are a wonderful artist Steve. Thank you for sharing your work through this blog.

    ReplyDelete